The G and T Defense written by Mark B. Jardine makes the following claims:
At first glance these appear to be bizarre and unsupportable but they are fully supported with credible research, and empirical evidence
- George W Bush and Tony Blair are responsible for saving many more lives in the world than for taking them.
- The Afghanistan and Iraq wars of 2001 and 2003 were justified and necessary at the time. The real and obvious war criminals were Osama bin Laden, Mullah Omar, Saddam Hussein and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.
- The hysterical and widespread accusations of ‘lies” and dishonesty against George W Bush and Tony Blair are unjustified.
- The casualties and prolonged conflict in Iraq were caused almost entirely by fanatical, fundamentalist extremists, and not by western powers.
- The Abu Ghraib scandal was horrific, but needs to be put firmly into context.
- Fallujah was no Guernica. “Oil” was no cause.
- The hysterical reaction by much of the Western media to the 2003 Iraq war has led to dangerous “self-loathing” in the West, reinforced by moral equivalence.
- George W Bush and Tony Blair are more deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize than Barack Obama.